Wednesday, September 14, 2011


             I assume that the most important knowledge communicated by slaves is hope.  I believe this because they were always expecting something or someone might come to the rescue and save them from those dreadful scenes they confronted everyday of their lives.  One great example I would like to single out is of equiano’s, an African American slave who took off from his owners, found himself stranded in jungle and hoped of getting home.
               
I think when every human being is isolated forcefully from his or her own, deep down there is always a little bit of faith that sooner or later they will be together.  I remember when I was away from my family for couple of days and I felt so alone.  Just imagine those slaves who were brought to this land which was totally strange to them, away from their relatives.  As I mentioned earlier Olaudah Equiano who was one of the victims who ran away into the jungle hoping that there might be a way to get back home?  Feeling what he felt would be impossible as he said in his text, “and now I learned from them, that any attempt to return home would be hopeless.”  He thought there might be a little bit of light in all the darkness and when all the obstacles seemed to attack him but I guess in the end he lost that little bit of hope he had.

No comments:

Post a Comment