Saturday, December 3, 2011

LIB project

Human rights are fundamental rights which every human should know about.  We should all have the access to the human rights its our basic right.  It is our job to inform those who are unaware of it.  I was also unaware of my rights until I took this course now that i think about it i would've just live my life without knowing about them.  I'm from a 'third world' country where there is no such thing as human rights.  Pakistan is a country of corruption, many people are dying physically and mentally everyday because of those corrupted people that are in authority.  If I ever get a chance I wold definitely speak up against the corruption.  This is a huge problem when people don't speak up they do not know the power of language.  It is a powerful tool which could be used for good and bad.  In Pakistan those who are in power knew how to speak so they know how to control people.  This could go on forever unless someone take a step forward and speak up about righteousness.  Pakistan was created with good intentions and a great leader but unfortunately he died immediately and those who were rich took over the politics and began to take decisions without consulting with people.  You see the country is divided into four states that are enriched with different cultures and languages.  when I was in fourth grade i needed just one class to pass however i did not because the class that I was supposed to pass was a language class.  This was imposed by the government on schools.  The government that was in power at that time was from Sindh one of the state of Pakistan.  So there goal was to teach the entire country to learn their language.  For a brief period of moment it was great because I was learning a whole new language however the course became very difficult and i failed the course along with many other students.  The problem was not the course, the problem was that they made it mandatory which resulted in failing of many students.  There was no one that went to the board of education and speak about the issue because the board was controlled by the sindhi people.  Ironically I still remember the first sentence that I learned which goes like this, "tunjo nalo chaye", don't expect the meaning of it Because honestly I don't know.  After four years when the new government came to the power many issues rose up.  The new government consisted of punjabi people because they were from Punjab, one of the other states of Pakistan.  The issue was somewhat similar here because they made the punjabi language mandatory at work.  Last month when my friend went for an interview for a job after a while his dreams were shattered because the very first question they asked him whether he speaks punjabi or not.  Obviously he didn't because he speaks Urdu which is the national language of Pakistan and therefore he was immediately denied..There were many other cases similar to this but no one ever spoke against it.  I would've faced the similar situation if I was still living but fortunately I came to America the land of opportunity.  However here we face different issues.  People can end or at least reduce their problems if they find out about their human rights.  Even after knowing my rights sometimes I wonder if I can turn my rights into reality or they would just be a dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment